The Eye that never skips a thing

Monday, December 12, 2005

Taj Mahal


TAJ MAHAL ------ Architecture Par excellence...

An architure beauty which can even now give shame to many worlds best monuments.


After flying down to Delhi I drove down to agra and checked in to my Hotel Taj View and after round about 5 min I was off to see the Taj Mahal.
After a quick refreshment in the Hotel I was in my car again for a journey to the Taj Mahal. Reached there in 30 minutes. After parking my car I was insearch of a guide and after a lot of arguments and bargaining I found one who agreed for a good price.

Gosh the tickets are cheap for Indians and very expensive for the Foreigner. What do you expect it to be for an Indian. I first thought it would be free for us to go but realised that I have to give 20 bucks for myself and what about the foreigners it is a mind boggling 750 Rs. I was shocked and I thought when you travel to other countries we even have to pay double the cost of tickets which in rupees comes to a very high amount. I recollect this incidence when I had gone to Disney land (New York) I found out that we had to pay about 10 to 15 $ more than the American National citizen. I now realized that even India does it to an extent.

Any ways I entered the taj mahal which to my mind is very beautiful (read costly). Made of various stones collected from various parts of the world and carved to gather to make it look really beautiful and costly. I cam to know that Shah Jahan never wanted to stop from making another Taj Mahal that one in black and for him self but his cruel son Aurangzeb never let him do his way. I wish he would allow it then we would have 2 twin Taj in our country.

Now there is a lot of security in the Taj and also in other areas such as the Agra fort and the Akbars tomb. In the Taj they do not allow people to go above in the place where there are rooms to stay and also a place where Shah Jahan once sat and saw his wife Mumtaz buried.

A very beautiful place to see but I can easily say that the Indian history is one of the most interesting to read and know about...




BEAUTIFUL VERY BEAUTIFUL ....
A must see for every Indian




Yes one more thing Never buy anything for the given price there has to be more than 50 % to 75% discount some where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home